Formwork is an arrangement of wooden boards, bolts, etc., used to shape reinforced concrete or similar material while it is setting. It is also called as shuttering. The formworks are made of wood or metal such as steel or aluminum, but now a revolutionary material has taken over- plastic. It comes in affordable cost and environmentally friendly benefits.
There are various types of formworks. Apart from other forms, Plastic formwork is very successful forms now-a-days. Planning and material requirements are simplified concreted. This formwork is continuously adjustable and has many advantages that can be widely used in construction field. Such as given below-
Advantage of Plastic formworks:
- It can be used more than 100 times.
- The panels of this formwork are light weight, sturdy and easier to handle and manage.
- It is easy to clean this form with water as the concrete does not stick to it.
- Plastic formwork do not required shuttering oil as the surface tension is low.
- It will not damage when get in contact with the water and no rusting problem as well.
- The panels of these formworks can be locked by a locking handle to ensure that no lick age of concrete during the construction. The locking system is very easy and accurate.
- It makes sure that the finishing of the walls, slabs, columns, beams, etc. and reducing the need to plaster the surfaces.
- It saves the number of labor and time and money as well.
- The panels of these formworks are multipurpose.
- It is more durable and cheaper as it can be used repeatedly.
- It does not need any nail to fix during the construction and can be recycled.
- These panels can be replaced the brick walls by using this to make the total shuttering and then cast the foamed concrete that can be pumped directly into the site.